Errata & Patch Notes
2016 Edition v0.1a
- Changed how essence works. Martial Essence is up to 2 essence per level for 1 build each. Hybrid Essence is up to 1 essence per level for 1 build. Caster essence is 1 essence for 1 build once per every other level.
- Intercede cannot be used in conjunction with avoidance-based defenses, such as Evade or Dodge.
- Upper cap for Vigor and Mana have been removed. It now costs 1 build per mana/vigor for your first 40, 2 for your second 40, 3 for your third 40, etc.
- Willpower can be used without calling it unless the skill that willpower defended against specifically requires it (such as Greater Dominate).
- Demon’s Scourge removed from Djinn list
- Djinn’s Fiery Breath does 10 infernal damage for 2 Vigor instead of 1 infernal per vigor spent.
- Ancient Foe added to Djinn list
- Cost of Infernal Pact in Djinn list clarified
- Divine Restoration Clarified
- Cost of Stone Stare for Gargoyles has increased
- Aeryn’s free racial has changed
- The Khunari and Nari lists are now separate.
- Borrowed Body added to Netherfolk
- Cost of Orc’s Unkillable has changed.
- Reptan free racial is now constant instead of once per tag
- Reptan’s Reptilian Hide stacks
- Spit of the Cobra has been clarified
- Riposte cost increased by 1
- Sure Shot cost increased by 1
- Intercede cost reduced by 1
- Armsman do not benefit from the discipline they are performing on others.
- Discipline of Skill: The casting cost of this Discipline is the cast cost of the skill gained, per person. Example: giving 4 people Intercede costs 8 vigor (4 x 2) for the Armsman performing the discipline.
- Evade only defends against attacks from the back and surprise actions. It will also defend against Area of Effects if the character is within 5 feet of the edge of the Area.
- Master Concealment: The hidden space must actually hide the objects out of game.
- Pick Lock: After attempting to pick a lock, the caster gains knowledge of the rank of the lock.
- Trap Dodge: increased cost to 4 Vigor from 2 Vigor
- Disarm Traps has gotten overhauled and buffed
- Trip Dart: After touching the ground, the target may; roll, crawl, defend themselves, etc. but may not stand up for 5 seconds. Decreased Build cost to 4 from 5.
- Blind Dart: Build Cost increased by 2 and Vigor cost increased by 1.
- Stunning Dart: Build Cost increased by 1 and Vigor cost increased by 1.
- Numb Limb Dart: Build cost increased by 1.
- Tangle Dart: Build cost increased by 1.
- Demon Hunter no longer has a prerequisite.
- Spellswords can Sever Limbs
- Spell of the Dao: Curse you with Weakness no longer needs to be learned in game for a new character.
- Cast an Infernal Boon has completely changed.
- Spell of the Sabre: Possess the Demonic Mind has replaced Spell of the Sabre: Tether Lesser Demon.
- Invoke Blood Pact has a reactive clause and can only be used once per tag.
- Spell of the Scimitar: Cripple your Skill no longer needs to be learned in game for a new character.
- Invoke the Armor of Samael: Changed durations for unwilling demons. Demon Hunter is still effective while under the effects of Armor of Samael.
- Possess the Abyssal Mind has been removed (see the new Spell of the Sabre: Possess the Demonic Mind).
- Curse of the Vaath Added (rank 5 spell)
- Nethea swings Abyssal instead of Fire.
- Channel Magic has received a buff to the initial damage.
- Destroy Your Concentration is now rank 2
- Break your Weapon is now rank 4
- Break your Shield is now rank 3
- Increased duration on Wizard’s Armor
- Added Astral Dialect (rank 2 spell)
- Removed Heal Mana (rank 2 spell)
- Clarified a few things within Bestow Levitation
- Dispel Magic is now Rank 3
- Bestow Shimmering Skin is now rank 4
- Added Wizard’s Hat ritual
- Removed Resurrection ritual (don’t worry, you still have Stone of Resurrection)
- Added Astral Vestment ritual
- Removed Astral Tether ritual
- Crusader’s Shield is now rank 4
- Holy Armor is now rank 5 and duration increased
- Honor Combat has been clarified
- Sacrament of Benediction has received a buff
- Holy Weapon has changed
- Empathic Aid is now rank 2
- Flowing Health is now rank 3
- Sh’ddar shield renamed to Vitalia’s Shield.
- Meditation of Immunity, Arrow Catching, Spell Turning, Wakened Mind, and Damage Resist now cost 2 to use their effect (was previously 1)
- Meditation of Arrow Catching is now a rank 2 meditation
- Clarified some rulings on Meditation of the Iron Palm
- Meditation of Spell Turning is now a rank 3 meditation
- Meditation of Spatial Awareness now costs 2 vigor to take minimal from surprise actions.
- Dying while under the effect of Meditation of Wayward Souls requires you to see plot – hoobajooboo might be involved.
- First use of Evade from Meditation of Clairvoyant is free, after that you pay for it from your vigor pool.
- Changed the interaction of Meditation of the Gran Master and Favored Meditation.
- Clarified some rules on Nerve Strike
- Compassion now works so long as contact is kept with the target, instead of just one minute.
- Recover is now a rank 1 Greater Discipline.
- Mend is now a rank 4 Greater Discipline
- A handful of clarifications and changes to Spirit of the Ages rules.
- The stats for the Avatars of Cho-Ren have been changed.
- Nethermancer’s have gained Leather Efficiency
- Siphon your Strength is now rank 2
- Grant you Death’s Vision is now rank 1
- added Render Soul (rank 1 spell)
- Clarified some rules on Bestow Death’s Grasp.
- Buffed and altered some of the summoned minions.
- Spirit Tether is now rank 3
- Added Chill Soul (rank 4 spell)
- Wall of Shadow renamed to Spirit Wall
- Bestow Death’s Exhaustion has been removed
- Removed Barrier of Undeath
- Added Bestow Nethermantic Link (rank 5 spell)
- Removed Bestow Facade of the Dead (rank 5 spell)
- Added Bestow Spirit’s Riposte (rank 5 spell)
- Added Bestow Wraith’s Touch (rank 5 spell)
- Added Create a Haunting Spirit (rank 5 spell)
- Removed Grant Speech
- Removed Sacrament of Zombie Arm
- Sacrament of Skeletal Arm now costs less
- Added Guardian Spirits (rank 5 Sacrament)
- Removed Sacrament of Seance
- Removed Sacrament of Phantasm
- Clarification: Render Soul on Nethermancer should have a duration of 5 minutes. Effects cast during that time last their appropriate duration but only have 5 minutes to cast those effects onto target.
- Render Soul is now a Nethermancer thing.
- Added Siphon your Defense (rank 1 spell)
- Added Invoke T’rgall: Rage (rank 3 spell)
- Added Invoke Balefor: Discipline (rank 3 spell)
- Removed Hold you Still (rank 3 spell)
- Removed Create an Armor Tap (rank 3 spell)
- Harm’s blade is now a rank 4 Sacrament
- Sacrament of Death’s Release is now a rank 5 sacrament and has several clarifications.
- Create an Audible Glamour is now rank 2
- Mask Alchemy is now rank 3
- Removed Hold you in Thrall
- Added Overwhlem You (rank 3 spell)
- Added Trap your Mind (rank 4 Spell)
- Added Shadow Pocket (rank 4 spell)
- Grant you Spell Inefficiency is now rank 4
- Grant you an Illiterate Mind is now rank 5
- Added Shadow Walk (rank 5 spell)
- Added Conceal Prayer (rank 5 spell)
- Added Command your Shadow (rank 5 spell)
- Clarified some rules on Sacrament of Illusionary Race
- Added Domain of Darkness (rank 5 Sacrament)
- Removed Phantasmal Transformation
- Added stats for Shadow Stalker
- Dreaming Ally was overhauled